May 28th TUESDAY
In today's class, a few of us were taught about and introduced to iMovie. I used to use iMovie all the time, at least until around a year ago. I was very used to it and could use many shortcuts and it would take me not much time to create a simple video. However, it had been quite a while ago since I last used it and using it today and getting a simple explanation on the application made me recall what you could do with iMovie and how convenient it was. It takes no time to drop in some pictures and videos along with a voice recording if you used iMovie. Mr.Paterson seemed to very used to the sound effects and could find the ones he wanted very quickly which I thought was amazing. Maybe having a go-to sound effect for at least the title page and the last page would be convenient in some cases. It always took me a lot of time to think about which sound I wanted to use. So knowing what options there are and knowing the ones I think fits for the first and the end would speed up the process, and even if I don't use it all the time it would be convenient.
Before receiving the information on iMovie, we watched a video on the slides in a presentation. In a presentation slide, I always put the resources in small text on the right bottom corner of a slide. It probably is hardly even noticed and does not have a very big effect but I feel like this would be the "noise" that the man in the video had mentioned about. Until a few weeks ago, I thought that creating a "resources" page was not very great because the audience usually does not actually try to read all the resources. However, putting a URL at the bottom of the slide will create noise and even if it is not that big of a deal, I think creating a clear surface would be better. From now on I think I will actually make a page just for resources. Especially if there is absolutely no text in the slide, and it is just a big picture, not having the URL would be best for the visual aspects of human beings. Each class, I realize how up to date Google is as a company, and how it is constantly trying out the world's newest technologies and ideas. I don't think many companies in Japan even pay attention to the bad effects of bullet points and would never ban it from the workers. My father's company is very closely related to presentations and designs so he always tells me about effectively using empty space and that the text should be minimal. Mr.Paterson was also saying that he could not stress this enough and it made me really realized how important it is to care more about the audience's visual. Also known as the human's most dominant sense. With so many professionals saying the importance of minimal text, it is something I need to keep in mind when making my presentation.
Notes:
Before receiving the information on iMovie, we watched a video on the slides in a presentation. In a presentation slide, I always put the resources in small text on the right bottom corner of a slide. It probably is hardly even noticed and does not have a very big effect but I feel like this would be the "noise" that the man in the video had mentioned about. Until a few weeks ago, I thought that creating a "resources" page was not very great because the audience usually does not actually try to read all the resources. However, putting a URL at the bottom of the slide will create noise and even if it is not that big of a deal, I think creating a clear surface would be better. From now on I think I will actually make a page just for resources. Especially if there is absolutely no text in the slide, and it is just a big picture, not having the URL would be best for the visual aspects of human beings. Each class, I realize how up to date Google is as a company, and how it is constantly trying out the world's newest technologies and ideas. I don't think many companies in Japan even pay attention to the bad effects of bullet points and would never ban it from the workers. My father's company is very closely related to presentations and designs so he always tells me about effectively using empty space and that the text should be minimal. Mr.Paterson was also saying that he could not stress this enough and it made me really realized how important it is to care more about the audience's visual. Also known as the human's most dominant sense. With so many professionals saying the importance of minimal text, it is something I need to keep in mind when making my presentation.
Notes:
- wait 3 or 4 seconds after opening a slide
- watch Mr.Paterson's videos on YouTube
Wow, your blog is amazing. I was also surprised that Mr. Paterson is very used to the sound effects of iMovie.
ReplyDelete