June 10th MONDAY

In today's class, at the very beginning, Mr.Paterson talked about using questions in a presentation. He talked about this because of the reflections and realizations that were written in many students' blogs. What he talked about was very interesting and I was very glad I was told about this before presenting. It never came to my attention that, asking questions means losing control in your presentation. Asking questions is quite risky because you have to be able to deal with the unexpected as he said, and I honestly do not think I have enough confidence just yet, so I will ask questions after gaining more practice and confidence. Anyways, what I realized this class was that these blogs we write every class actually do make a big difference in our learning, and today's talk would not have been made if there weren't any reflections. I enjoyed listening to this and truly realized how much improvement these blogs can make within us and it actually makes a difference in several ways.

The main thing being taught today was about licenses on pictures and understanding copyrights. I use creative commons quite a lot and find it very convenient. However, I had always used Google Images on creative commons and never even thought of using pixabay. Not having to give any credit was life-changing. It was always a burden of having to think about giving credits and writing citations. Only using Pixabay may give you fewer choices of pictures to choose from so I will try not to only rely on Pixabay. Also, thinking about it now, there are people who take these pictures using their time and effort which makes me want to give them credit. It was great being told about the benefits of Pixabay, but I also hope to use other sources as well. Especially in our presentations, many people may use Pixabay and the chances that the same images being used are quite large so being able to utilize all sources may be helpful. In my group, we plan on taking many pictures by ourselves and using those since they are the most helpful in our situation.

Towards the end of class, when we were given some time to work on our presentations, Sayo (one of my team members) and I, took a walk around the school taking pictures for our presentation. It was a very rainy day today, and we found ourselves running in the pouring rain quite a few times. This made me realize another problem in our school. There are hardly any roofs outside that can keep us dry while walking outside. Most schools or buildings in general, have small roofs attached to the sides of the buildings to block the rain. However, there are absolutely no places that we can walk outside and not get wet. Unfortunately, our schools require us to carry lots of books and papers around from classroom to classroom so having to run in the rain is very inconvenient. Also, it is quite dangerous to have to run outside on a slippery floor especially when in a rush. My teammate and I were talking about this identification but decided not to talk about it in our presentation. We have already decided that we will be focusing on the inside of the school throughout our presentation. We focused on areas such as comfort in the classrooms and nature (greens) in the learning environments etc... Walking around the school today and taking pictures made us realize additional problems but I figured we have to try and not broaden the topic and stick to what we have decided on. This way, I feel like it will make a more straight forward and persuasive presentation. Not many days left to work on this project and only a little more than a month away from summer vacation, so we really need to speed up the pace!

Notes: 
all photos from pixabay public domain liscences

Comments

Popular Posts