June 11th TUESDAY

Today, we had a whole class to work on our presentations. At the very beginning of class, we were told about how important the delivery of a presentation was. My group still hasn't been able to practice, and as we start to practice our presentation several times, I am sure there will be many problems pointed out as we go. It will take many tries and repetition to solve all the problems and will definitely take some time so we really need to hurry up and get the presentation finished. In today's class, we took most of the pictures we need on our own and inserted several images as well. We are basically done with the images. However, after coming back to the classroom and sending the pictures to our computers and pasting them on to the slides, I realized a problem. Some of the pictures were vertical and did not fit properly in the presentation slide. I really regret this mistake I made and am very shocked I did not realize any earlier. So, I will need to take a few more next class and then I think we will be done with our presentation. Also, I wished I had a more high-quality device to take pictures. Using pictures from iPhone 8's are fine but when I take pictures from the internet with very high quality, it makes a big difference and made me want higher quality pictures.

One of the problems we focused on was natural light in our school. It is definitely not only a problem in this school but also something I noticed in all of Japan. The windows are so small and many either have curtains over them or sheets that blur the windows. Apparently, this is for privacy reasons. Shutting out natural light is very wasteful in my opinion. There could be so much money saved if we used more natural light instead of light bulbs. Also, having light from outside simply lightens up everyone's mood and I feel it helps with relaxation. It makes the classroom a nicer place and one that we actually enjoy to study in. Many windows in one of the buildings of the school were literally blocked with shelves and piles of objects. The corridors are so dark and it is definitely not kid/student-friendly. Our school has lots of nature around it and is filled with greens compared to other schools. I am pretty sure that there are plenty of plants and trees compared to schools all around the world. It is relaxing for the eye when you see greens and constantly being in a stressful environment can be made better when we see many greens outside the window. In class, sometimes I like to look outside to try and stay focused and rest my eyes. Looking outside from a large window is so much better than smaller ones. After taking pictures and talking with my team members, we realized how important large windows can actually be.

Notes:
delivery is the key, needs practice
quality is important but no one will realize unless the delivery is bad

Comments

Popular Posts