June 17th MONDAY
Including today, we only had two more classes to work on our presentation. I thought we still had around 2 weeks and was quite surprised when Mr.Paterson said we have it tomorrow. It turned out that presentations start next Monday which is still sooner than I thought. My group and I had already finished our slides and had started practicing but were nowhere near being in the state of having enough confidence to present in front of everyone. For some reason, my computer had some technical difficulties and did not turn on today until I came back home, so we just practiced over and over on another person's computer and I went through my blogs reading through all the things we have been taught regarding how to make slides and how to present. My blogs came in really handy when we were looking back on all the things we had been taught about. I also rewatched the videos on Mr.Paterson's youtube channel and reviewed the presentations he had made for us.
The delivery of our presentation can definitely improve and get better. One of the main things I think needs to be worked on is the transition from speaker to speaker. We have each practiced on our own outside of class, but since we haven't been able to practice as much as we had liked to in class, the transitions were not very smooth. I am the last speaker so I do not have to introduce anyone or any speaker but listening to the other two speakers saying their transition, I thought we desperately need to work on this as a team. Another thing I realized during our practices in class, was the excitement in our voices and the tones. I feel like there was not enough emotion going into what came out of our mouths. As a listener, I know it keeps us more awake if the speaker not only uses body language but also has something they really want to express and share. Also, if we talk more passionately, the listeners will most likely be more interested in what we are trying to get across and actually think about all the ideas we give. I think the ideas we have are great and admitting there was not enough time, we did a good job with the research, picture taking and slide making. This is the idea we all agreed on and decided to do so not we have to focus on improving the delivery. These are ideas that we actually truly believe should be done to improve our school and does not have a high cost so with the few days we have left, I really want to practice as much as we can and make the best out of what we have made. For future presentations that we work on, both team and individual, I learned that we should finish creating the slides as early as possible since changes can be made and the delivery needs a lot of practice.
Comments
Post a Comment