June 24th MONDAY
After 2 months of research and presentation making, my team presented in front of the class today. There were countless mistakes that we made and so many areas we could drastically improve. Our group definitely did not merely have enough body language in general and were not able to utilize the stage space that we were provided with. In Mr.Paterson's presentation, he would be walking from side to side always keeping the presentation lively and making the audience feel inclusive with his gestures. All of us stood in one spot fiddling with our fingers and our shoulders were so tense showing that we were nervous when it is best not to show your nervousness. At least keeping my feet apart and opening up my body would have been a little better. I watched the video of our presentation and the level of confidence was extremely low. You could just see that from the way we spoke and the body posture. While we were speaking, a problem I thought really needed to be fixed is to when we flip each other's slides. There were a few mistakes of not knowing when to change the slide and it made the speakers have to look at the screen instead of the audience. I am pretty sure I was able to at least look each person in the eye once. However, thinking about it know, the first things we learned from Mr.Paterson was how the direction of the eyes can have a big impact and give away what we are thinking about in our brains. My eyes were looking at the ceiling and facing upwards from time to time which was something I had not been able to think about.
In order to create a much better presentation and improve our presentation, we definitely need more practice time and make time on our own outside of class to practice if we feel that we hadn't practiced enough. If we had practiced more as a group and had more teamwork, it may have been a lot better and each of us will have been more confident. Due to the nervousness inside of us, it made me forget some of the techniques and things that the teacher had taught us to do. I practiced individually countless times at home but according to the presentation we did today, that was not merely enough. Firstly, I should have used a wall or some type of replacement for the projector screen to practice walking and using the stage while talking. Secondly, I should have practiced in front of a mirror or recorded my self to see the direction of my eyes and body language. It definitely would have helped, and if I had practiced several times with a good body language, when it is time to present in front of the class, no matter how nervous I am, it would've been better.
I truly think from the bottom of the heart that this blog helped me realize many more cons that I had thought of during class. Having time to properly reflect and think about our mistakes and not leaving them behind is so important. Out of the many blogs I have written this past term, this really helped me understand how much a blog can do and how much can change just by taking a few minutes to properly think to yourself and reflect. Honestly, it was so terrible and despite all the advice I had gotten, they were not being utilized so I did not really want to think back on it. However, that would have been terrible. Properly admitting all the mistakes and thinking deeply about it was prominent for a better presentation next time. I will fix all the slides soon so I can look back on this presentation from time to time and recall the mistakes and things I should do next time.
In order to create a much better presentation and improve our presentation, we definitely need more practice time and make time on our own outside of class to practice if we feel that we hadn't practiced enough. If we had practiced more as a group and had more teamwork, it may have been a lot better and each of us will have been more confident. Due to the nervousness inside of us, it made me forget some of the techniques and things that the teacher had taught us to do. I practiced individually countless times at home but according to the presentation we did today, that was not merely enough. Firstly, I should have used a wall or some type of replacement for the projector screen to practice walking and using the stage while talking. Secondly, I should have practiced in front of a mirror or recorded my self to see the direction of my eyes and body language. It definitely would have helped, and if I had practiced several times with a good body language, when it is time to present in front of the class, no matter how nervous I am, it would've been better.
I truly think from the bottom of the heart that this blog helped me realize many more cons that I had thought of during class. Having time to properly reflect and think about our mistakes and not leaving them behind is so important. Out of the many blogs I have written this past term, this really helped me understand how much a blog can do and how much can change just by taking a few minutes to properly think to yourself and reflect. Honestly, it was so terrible and despite all the advice I had gotten, they were not being utilized so I did not really want to think back on it. However, that would have been terrible. Properly admitting all the mistakes and thinking deeply about it was prominent for a better presentation next time. I will fix all the slides soon so I can look back on this presentation from time to time and recall the mistakes and things I should do next time.
Comments
Post a Comment