June 4th TUESDAY
In today’s
class, we were introduced to yet another skill that is very useful for keeping
the audience’s attention at least when stating the key points. I had never
heard of a dopamine reaction and that there is such a chemical in our bodies
that are produced generated by specific emotion. I do
not think I have the best sense of humor so I was glad when I heard that to raise the
dopamine level, we could tell a sad or scary story instead. Finding out that there were
over 100 slides in Mr.Paterson’s presentation truly shocked me. Thinking
back on it now, it may be understandable that there were over 50 slides with
all the pictures but even now, I can not believe there were more than 100. Since
our project is about how to change the school learning environments, I think
there are quite a lot of pictures that could be used so I will try to put in many.
Something I really have to be careful of and think about is the picture that I
use, and whether or not they are worth using. All of Mr.Paterson’s pictures
were very related to the point and it helped make his points clearer. The
videos were being utilized and as he said in today’s class, the speaker was
explaining the video while playing it.
When
learning about how to use Google Forms and creating a survey, I felt that the explanation given was very
interesting. I had never thought about standing at the front of the room when
people are taking your survey for ethical reasons. It had never been something
I had realized until being told about it today. Also, in the process of creating the
survey, I was surprised there were quite a lot of settings that can be changed
and they really depend on the content of the survey and what you expect from
the responses. I really need to be careful about respecting privacy especially
if they are filling out a survey for my own use. Come to think of it now, when I take surveys in class,
some of my teachers walk around the classroom which I thought was disturbing
and would try to hide my answers because it was a little embarrassing and
private. I would like to think about what things I don't want people to do to me and also things people do for me that I like, and apply it to my surveys, presentations and everyday decisions.
Comments
Post a Comment