Last class to practice for round two (Sept. 30th)
As I was looking through my friends' blogposts on Feedly and looking through my own I came to realize that it is so much better if you can see what the blog is about just by the title. When you skim through the blog, all you see is the date of the class and this is not really helpful. I was trying to find the blog post about crowdsourcing, and luckily I remembered that we learned about this the first class back from summer holiday so I could find it very easily. However, this made me think the whole point of creating blogs is to store our knowledge and thoughts in an organized way so we can look back on it. From now on I will be writing the title of my blog posts based on what we learned that day along with the date. This way these blogs will probably become more effective. I am a little depressed that I did not think of this earlier. Hopefully, this new system works out and will help me with my memory and will make it very easy to reflect on classes before.
Today was our last class to practice for our second round of presentations. I thought that we were going to present today and was totally ready for it but I definitely did not mind having another class. I was a little shocked when I saw how many students did not watch the youtube videos we were told to watch. Seeing that my team members had not watched any of the videos made me a little angry and disappointed. However, it should have been my responsibility to remind them and make sure that as a team we all have the same knowledge and take the most out of what we are provided with. I told my team to watch it by tomorrow, so hopefully, they will do that. I think the video, especially the last one was a really good one to watch. It was quite long so I would play it on my laptop and work on the presentation while listening to it. There were quite a few things we were not taught about in our class so it was cool to get even more information on presentations. Also, it was a good example for us to see how we should present in front of an audience. It kind of had all the information plus new information which made it a really good video reminding me about all the things we had to think about during the process of creating the presentation. I am quite happy with what we have made and hope for the best when we present.
One of the things I was surprised by in today's class was snook.ca. I did not think there was a website dedicated to showing how easy certains fonts and colors are to read. Being introduced to this website made me recheck all of my text and fonts, making sure everything was perfect. There are literally so many websites and apps these days for everything you could ever think of. It is pretty interesting and convenient that you can do anything on the internet. Color blindness is something I really do not know much about and haven't had the chance to research. Knowing that there is a website that I can rely on that will tell me how all of my texts will fit different types of blindness was really cool. The other day, I wrote an essay about all the terrible ways the internet is being used these days and how people are taking advantage of the Internet in a bad way only for the sake of themselves. Learning about snook.ca made me a little happier that there are tools that can only be done on the Internet that have a good purpose. These are the ways the technology should be used in the 21st century and I hope to discover more tools in the near future.
Today was our last class to practice for our second round of presentations. I thought that we were going to present today and was totally ready for it but I definitely did not mind having another class. I was a little shocked when I saw how many students did not watch the youtube videos we were told to watch. Seeing that my team members had not watched any of the videos made me a little angry and disappointed. However, it should have been my responsibility to remind them and make sure that as a team we all have the same knowledge and take the most out of what we are provided with. I told my team to watch it by tomorrow, so hopefully, they will do that. I think the video, especially the last one was a really good one to watch. It was quite long so I would play it on my laptop and work on the presentation while listening to it. There were quite a few things we were not taught about in our class so it was cool to get even more information on presentations. Also, it was a good example for us to see how we should present in front of an audience. It kind of had all the information plus new information which made it a really good video reminding me about all the things we had to think about during the process of creating the presentation. I am quite happy with what we have made and hope for the best when we present.
One of the things I was surprised by in today's class was snook.ca. I did not think there was a website dedicated to showing how easy certains fonts and colors are to read. Being introduced to this website made me recheck all of my text and fonts, making sure everything was perfect. There are literally so many websites and apps these days for everything you could ever think of. It is pretty interesting and convenient that you can do anything on the internet. Color blindness is something I really do not know much about and haven't had the chance to research. Knowing that there is a website that I can rely on that will tell me how all of my texts will fit different types of blindness was really cool. The other day, I wrote an essay about all the terrible ways the internet is being used these days and how people are taking advantage of the Internet in a bad way only for the sake of themselves. Learning about snook.ca made me a little happier that there are tools that can only be done on the Internet that have a good purpose. These are the ways the technology should be used in the 21st century and I hope to discover more tools in the near future.
Wow! Great idea to write the title AND the date! I have seen some of our other friends writing the titles but haven't really realized the benefits of it until I read this. I think people would be looking back at blog posts more often if they were easy to find and our blogs would be more meaningful too. I am thinking of writing titles from now on and I hope many others who haven't started would start this too!
ReplyDelete