September 10th TUESDAY
Unfortunately, we did not have class yesterday due to the typhoon. There have been quite a few times where the school informs us beforehand that in the case of a typhoon, the school will be closed. However, it never really happened so I was really surprised when I heard that we only had school from the afternoon. Anyways, because of this natural cause, we are a little behind on schedule. I really enjoyed creating our own websites today. I've used other website creators such as wix.com, but google sites were very new to me. As time goes by, and we are taught more things by Mr.Paterson, I realize how many great tools Google has created. I did not think they had so many applications and systems where we could make literally anything so easily, and even share them with other team members. I am very amazed by how all the apps are friendly to all ages and very simple yet professional.
My group and I started making the website today and had gone a lot further than I had anticipated. The slides/presentation were very interesting and fun to make, but something about the website made it so motivating. The three of us suddenly became a lot more passionate about our presentation and the website. I am guessing this is because there is so much you can change and fiddle around with when it comes to websites. There are several settings that can be changed, themes are different according to different groups and the more effort you put into it, the better the outcome is. It sounds really obvious but, the three of us all agreed that we wanted to create a successful website with several options for the viewers. Since we were so excited about the website, we discussed how we wanted the website to look like and who would be in charge of what. We are going to try our best and create a website that is very related to the presentation and gets our message across in detail. I volunteered to do all the infographics for the websites.
I've made a few infographics in the past and I think they are really intresting, fun to make and most importantly so easy to read. Not everyone is always in the mood in reading thousands of words and text just to get the information they need. I can personally relate to this. Throughout the day, there are several times when a few small questions pop up into my head and make me a little curious. In these situations, unless I am incredibly interested and want to know more about this topic in detail, a simple infographic would be perfect. Being able to have access to information that is really easy to understand is so important especially when you are trying to persuade people in agreeing with you. By creating infographics for our presentation, what we are trying to say will get across a lot faster and definitely a lot easier. Previously, when I made my infographic, I made it from scratch on my own. I had heard of the website Canva, but it was my first time trying it out today. It was so school and there were so many options which blew my mind. Instantly I became obsessed with it and am so excited to utse it in different projects in the future as well.
My group and I started making the website today and had gone a lot further than I had anticipated. The slides/presentation were very interesting and fun to make, but something about the website made it so motivating. The three of us suddenly became a lot more passionate about our presentation and the website. I am guessing this is because there is so much you can change and fiddle around with when it comes to websites. There are several settings that can be changed, themes are different according to different groups and the more effort you put into it, the better the outcome is. It sounds really obvious but, the three of us all agreed that we wanted to create a successful website with several options for the viewers. Since we were so excited about the website, we discussed how we wanted the website to look like and who would be in charge of what. We are going to try our best and create a website that is very related to the presentation and gets our message across in detail. I volunteered to do all the infographics for the websites.
I've made a few infographics in the past and I think they are really intresting, fun to make and most importantly so easy to read. Not everyone is always in the mood in reading thousands of words and text just to get the information they need. I can personally relate to this. Throughout the day, there are several times when a few small questions pop up into my head and make me a little curious. In these situations, unless I am incredibly interested and want to know more about this topic in detail, a simple infographic would be perfect. Being able to have access to information that is really easy to understand is so important especially when you are trying to persuade people in agreeing with you. By creating infographics for our presentation, what we are trying to say will get across a lot faster and definitely a lot easier. Previously, when I made my infographic, I made it from scratch on my own. I had heard of the website Canva, but it was my first time trying it out today. It was so school and there were so many options which blew my mind. Instantly I became obsessed with it and am so excited to utse it in different projects in the future as well.
Comments
Post a Comment