September 17th TUESDAY
Today was the last class that we had to work on our presentation. I think my team was very motivated to create a good presentation and website. Thinking about our presentation made me a little nervous so we all made sure to go watch our video from last time and practice lots. Being told that a presentation is a conversation reminded me that this time, I have to be more inclusive with my audience. Last time it was a lot like a lecture and it felt as if I was only speaking to them and not having a conversation. As a presenter, I need to be able to feel confident with my presentation so this is what I am going to work on. Mr.Paterson also told us humans like stories, which really helped me. We, humans, enjoy listening to stories, so making the presentation like storytelling could be a good thing. I worked on finishing my infographics, wrote the 'about us' page and touched up our website. In semester one, I watched Mr.Paterson's youtube videos and they were really short and easy to understand so I am excited to apply all of that knowledge and the advice we got from Mr.Paterson to our presentation.
After taking the class about researching and crowd searching a few weeks ago, we were reminded that using actual examples of schools that exist will help make our suggestion more persuasive. We searched up a few schools around the world who have very interesting classrooms and campuses. There were quite a few schools that had futuristic ideas and classrooms that had a lot of thought going into each part of it. However, we decided that we are going to introduce the school I used to go to. It is called the Western Academy of Beijing (WAB), and it has one of the most amazing campuses in the world. It has a group of people who talk with many students, teachers and parents to constantly aim for a better school and an environment that helps students bring out their ideas to the fullest. The hallways, libraries, classrooms, open spaces are all filled with such cool chairs and spaces to study. It also has big and nice windows, a lot of plants and the whole school is made for everyone's comfort. I thought there would not be a better school to help us support our ideas. This school has great students that are leaders across the world and are going to top universities around the world so you can tell that these atmospheres really make a difference.
These are some pictures of WAB from their Instagram page.


Comments
Post a Comment