September 3rd TUESDAY (SEMESTER 2)
Today was our first class back from summer holiday and it actually felt great to be back. My team and I practiced our presentation during the summer and yesterday (the day before class) even if we were not gonna present it. I think this was a great thing to do because if I did not practice my presentation I probably would not have been able to come back to class on what we had left off on in semester 1. It was a good opportunity to remind myself about what we were doing, what had to be fixed and what our current state as presenters. In our previous presentation, my part had some research put into it. However, the way I researched was probably not the most efficient way neither was the sources I used. As I was listening to Mr.Paterson speak, I thought back on our presentation and really realized there was not enough effort put into the research and what the presentation was about. Then I thought to myself, there must be so many more things, ways and strategies that could be used to make a better presentation other than the delivery and research.
Mr.Paterson taught us a new way of researching, which was called Crowd Sourcing. In the past classes, some of the things I learned was somewhat similar to what I learned in my old school. Crowd Sourcing was different. I had never even heard of this type of method and was very new to it. I think it is pretty interesting and definitely more efficient than what I have been doing especially during group works. There are so many people in the world who do not use the internet in the right ways. For example, cyberbullying or posting fake things just for the sake of people's attention. Learning about crowdsourcing made me happy because this is a concept where we are using each other to create a better end result, and utilizing the technology in the right way. There are so many convenient merits of the internet and being able to share documents is definitely one of them. Crowdsourcing is definitely a strategy that is using the possibilities and pros of the technology that we have to its max.
According to the website and sources that presenters use, the persuasiveness of a speech or personality changes drastically. If what you are trying to say has been done before and there is progress made in these experiments, it will obviously be more persuading. Thinking about it now, we presenters are trying to have the audience support us with what we want to do and what we believe in. Without proper proof that it is going to work and if there is not enough reports or studies, I probably would not believe any of it either. In today's class, I learned that by standing in other people's shoes and by making an effort to understand other people's opinions, our presentations can be better. What Mr.Paterson had taught us today had proved this.
Mr.Paterson taught us a new way of researching, which was called Crowd Sourcing. In the past classes, some of the things I learned was somewhat similar to what I learned in my old school. Crowd Sourcing was different. I had never even heard of this type of method and was very new to it. I think it is pretty interesting and definitely more efficient than what I have been doing especially during group works. There are so many people in the world who do not use the internet in the right ways. For example, cyberbullying or posting fake things just for the sake of people's attention. Learning about crowdsourcing made me happy because this is a concept where we are using each other to create a better end result, and utilizing the technology in the right way. There are so many convenient merits of the internet and being able to share documents is definitely one of them. Crowdsourcing is definitely a strategy that is using the possibilities and pros of the technology that we have to its max.
According to the website and sources that presenters use, the persuasiveness of a speech or personality changes drastically. If what you are trying to say has been done before and there is progress made in these experiments, it will obviously be more persuading. Thinking about it now, we presenters are trying to have the audience support us with what we want to do and what we believe in. Without proper proof that it is going to work and if there is not enough reports or studies, I probably would not believe any of it either. In today's class, I learned that by standing in other people's shoes and by making an effort to understand other people's opinions, our presentations can be better. What Mr.Paterson had taught us today had proved this.
Nice 1st post now we are back! :)
ReplyDelete