Other team's presentation (Oct. 15th)

There was one group left to present in this class. The group that went was talking about their mistakes of their last presentation and saying all the bad things they had done before. For a moment, I thought it was good they were aware and admitting all of their mistakes but then I did not really know how I felt about this. If I was the mouth, it may have been something I had done. However, in the end, Mr.Paterson pointed out that we should forget about the negative past and just make things better this time. I thought this was very true and it was very helpful for me to hear a professional opinion on something I was not really sure how to feel about. Another thing that I was really glad to hear was the options we had for the questions. In a previous presentation we had done in another class, we were told to ask questions at the end, but in that situation, I felt that it would be more efficient if we asked questions during the presentation when we had one. On the other hand, this presentation was pretty formal so I think my team and I made the right decision of having a Q&A at the end. Next time we should inform the audience in the beginning on when to ask questions, it would also be a good reminder for audiences to pay attention and think of questions.

Our team received feedback on our presentations this class

We each receiver some feedback on our presentations. Parts that I did not think of and was not really concerned about was talked about by the teacher, and parts I was confident in, was something the teacher had told me to change. This was very interesting because it just proves how different the perspectives of the speaker and audience can be. For example, I thought that my usage of words like "like, um, yea" was not too bad and had definitely improved, but apparently, it was still a big issue of mine. Also, even after watching the video the fact that my language was too casual did not even come to my mind. Come to think of it, I definitely do have a habit of speaking in a casual tone and using words that are not formal. This is something that is difficult because it is a difference that we have to make according to the occasion and where we are speaking. During my presentation and while I was speaking, I really wanted to make sure I looked confident after all the work, practice and time that had gone into this project. However, due to nervousness and not enough self-confidence, my tendency to look up had come out. I thought I was having good eye contact, but from the feedback I received, it seems like eye contact is something I should definitely work on. I remember when I was presenting, I would always look at the same people and the way my eyes were, were very tense and not very relaxed. Having a wider vision and being able to have strong and direct eye contact with each person is one of the biggest improvements that are yet to be made.




  • white words on white clouds (hard to see)
  • mouth person should speak more credibility 
  • good transition
  • remove mask (brain)
  • "like like um um"
  • good gesture and movements
  • more direct eye contact 
  • slides 
  • answers to questions from the audience were good
  • good timing
  • conclusion slide

Comments

Popular Posts