Other team's presentation (Oct. 7th)
Today we listened to two more presentations in class. The first group was good but in my opinion, there were a few things I would change if I were them. The speakers were not the ones who were turning and changing the slides so even though there were so many slides, only one of them was projected onto the screen while they talk. For example, one of the speakers talked about several things with only one slide for such a long time and after she finished speaking, the other team members just rushed through the many slides that were supposed to be used as she spoke. I thought that if you do not know when your members want the slides to be flipped, you should do it on your own. Today's team was talking about time allocation and the information they were saying
Mr.Paterson talked a lot about the research in the presentations. He told us about a good example there was in another class. Our group had researched on our topics and found quite a few different useful websites. However, we did not know that we were supposed to say this information in the style the teacher had told us about today. We only said something along the lines of "according to research ... has been done and ...". Next time we do our presentation though, I've learned that we should not just say "according to research", but we should include who studied about this in what year and then give an example of proof that it works. Another thing he was saying that I also thought should be changed while watching other team's presentation is their slides. Many of the slides had absolutely no connection to what they were saying and made me a little confused. We made sure that in my team, this did not happen but maybe other people would think the pictures or background has nothing to do with what we are saying. This is something I found very important and for example, even if it is a conclusion page where we are talking about many things in one slide, the picture should be picked out carefully.
One of the things that bothered me in the second presentation today was the topic they chose in the first place. I am sure this is something that many people do and is something I need to be careful not to do in the future. I feel like their topic was so wide they talked about so many elements within that topic but only slightly. Their main topics were "the classroom" and "the outdoors". There are way too many things to talk about in these two spaces so as an audience, I thought it would be more interesting and easy to understand if we broke down the topic and focused on one element and talk deeply about that. There are actually so many things I learned by watching two different presentations today and I am sure that these things not only apply to improve our presentation but could help with a public speaking or even writing essays. Since there were so many elements I thought should be improved, there are probably many that the audience may have thought about in my presentation so asking others and getting many people's opinions would probably be necessary.
Mr.Paterson talked a lot about the research in the presentations. He told us about a good example there was in another class. Our group had researched on our topics and found quite a few different useful websites. However, we did not know that we were supposed to say this information in the style the teacher had told us about today. We only said something along the lines of "according to research ... has been done and ...". Next time we do our presentation though, I've learned that we should not just say "according to research", but we should include who studied about this in what year and then give an example of proof that it works. Another thing he was saying that I also thought should be changed while watching other team's presentation is their slides. Many of the slides had absolutely no connection to what they were saying and made me a little confused. We made sure that in my team, this did not happen but maybe other people would think the pictures or background has nothing to do with what we are saying. This is something I found very important and for example, even if it is a conclusion page where we are talking about many things in one slide, the picture should be picked out carefully.
One of the things that bothered me in the second presentation today was the topic they chose in the first place. I am sure this is something that many people do and is something I need to be careful not to do in the future. I feel like their topic was so wide they talked about so many elements within that topic but only slightly. Their main topics were "the classroom" and "the outdoors". There are way too many things to talk about in these two spaces so as an audience, I thought it would be more interesting and easy to understand if we broke down the topic and focused on one element and talk deeply about that. There are actually so many things I learned by watching two different presentations today and I am sure that these things not only apply to improve our presentation but could help with a public speaking or even writing essays. Since there were so many elements I thought should be improved, there are probably many that the audience may have thought about in my presentation so asking others and getting many people's opinions would probably be necessary.
Comments
Post a Comment