PRESENTATION DAY (Oct. 1st)

Today was the day of our presentation. For some reason, I thought that my group would not be going today, so I was a little surprised and suddenly became nervous right before the presentation, but I did everything I could and gave it my all. Thinking back on this project, we've been working on this for almost 5 months and it has been a lot of researching, editing, discussing, etc... On this journey, I learned so much from why plants are so important to all the things that could be changed in this school. Previously, I was at a school with such a great campus for so many years and even amongst the many schools in the world, I knew I was very lucky to be in such a great environment. So, when I came back to Tokyo I thought all of these schools were just normal and did not think much of it. However, nowadays the design of classrooms and campuses is becoming a very important topic in many more schools and felt the urge to change the school. It is such a crucial topic and so much more important than I thought it would be. In the process of researching all the things that could be done for improvement, I learned much about all the different effect everything has. For example, I did not think that light bulbs and white lighting would cause migraines and be one of the reasons for making us sleepy in class. Since I was in charge of introducing the importance of plants in the classroom, I learned so much about what they can do and the different types of plants that help purify the classroom. I think a lot of this knowledge can be used in the future. I could utilize this knowledge in my house and amongst my family. I could also think about the things we learned in this project when I start working in the future and know what kind of things need to be thought about when picking a job or creating an office. 

Overall the presentation was not too bad but there were quite a few things I regret and would have changed. I am so sad and disappointed in myself that after all this time, I was not able to deliver the presentation I had hoped of doing. Watching the video of our presentation made me think about all the different things I could have done. Although it may have been a lot better than last time, I used a lot of "like, and, um" during my presentation. The eye contact was good but there were a few times where I would look up which made it look like I was not confident in myself. During our practice as a group, my part of the presentation would be so much over the time we were given so I had a hard time shortening it. However, I cut out all the information that was not as important as some other things and made sure they were on the website. Luckily, during the presentation I was able to speak just around the amount of time we were told to speak for. Overall as a team, I think our timing was great. One of the things I sort of regret is the questions that were asked at the end of the presentation. It may have been a misunderstanding but either way, I regret what happened. One of the audiences asked Sayo about the school we introduced (WAB) thinking that Sayo was the only one presenting about it. However, we had all introduced different parts of the school so I did not quite understand why he chose to only ask Sayo. I answered the question because I had experienced how it is like to be in this school and it seemed like that experience would help answer the question. In my opinion, this was not the best thing to do because I should have shared all the information I had based on my experience so everyone can answer whatever question regarding this school. 

We were the second group to present that day. Right before us, was team 2 and I remember their presentation and realized such a big difference since the last time they presented. Last time this team presented, they had a lot of movement cooperated and had the presentation very real and used different tools. I was very impressed with their presentation last time, but this time it was even better and was even more overwhelmed. The way they answered the questions was very professional and I could tell that they actually put a lot of thought in each of their decisions and has reasoning for all their statements. You could really tell they did further research since their last presentation. I hope that the audience saw a large improvement in our group as well. Just like what Sayo said at the beginning of our presentation, "we are back and better than ever", I hope this was proven and not a lie. In our team's presentation, we changed everything the teacher had told us and advised us about, added a few changes and improved everything in general. However, watching other people's presentation made me realize that our body language is a lot smaller than we think. I may have been walking and interacting with the audience by making eye contact and really talking to each person. There was some hand movement but was definitely not satisfied and I think I could have done better with the way I open my body towards the audience.

I was very surprised and so shocked that Mr.Paterson had a friend working at WAB and at that moment, I strongly thought it really is "a small world". Plus, Mr.T was a teacher I had worked with quite a lot and was the reason my iMovie skills were improved drastically. 

Comments

Popular Posts