MLA Citations (Nov.26th)
With today's class, we have officially finished our brochure. We have learned so much along the way and I did not think my team and I would get to this point. I worked on the references part of the essay while Sayo made her paragraphs a little longer and touched up Ibuki's part of the essay. I copied the essay into a Canva document that we were originally using and put it up on our website. I am quite satisfied with what we have made considering the time we were given. With all the knowledge we were given, we put together a somewhat persuasive and academic essay. I think that this essay was the first proper extended essay that I have written so I am excited to put my skills up to the test for other projects as well. My team had not written our names under the title and did not indent the first sentence of a paragraph. There was a slight problem that Ibuki's section was quite short but other than that I think we did what we could.
In today's class, we were taught about how to write a citation for websites in an MLA format. My old school also introduced the MLA format but never really taught me about the other options. I was quite surprised to hear there were so many different ways to create a reference. I thought that there was one type of citation that everyone does. However, thinking back on different projects I have done in the past, depending on the teacher they teach us a different way of citation. For now, I think I will just use the MLA pattern since that is what most schools use. I was really curious about why people use different patterns and if there will not be any problems if everyone uses different types of citations. It was interesting to know the reasons why people use certain patterns and that most schools use MLA. I have decided to just stick to the MLA and use it every time I need to write my references unless the teacher has a specific way they want me to write a reference. It would be great if I could remember how to write it but I think that will be something I will remember by writing it several times. It is pretty inconvenient having to search up how to write the references every time and then look for all the information on the website. However, if I remember it or have a proper example somewhere I can access quickly it would be so much easier. Also, by knowing the format of a citation, I can be looking for the information while accessing it and won't have to look for all the information at the end which would be a load.
In today's class, we were taught about how to write a citation for websites in an MLA format. My old school also introduced the MLA format but never really taught me about the other options. I was quite surprised to hear there were so many different ways to create a reference. I thought that there was one type of citation that everyone does. However, thinking back on different projects I have done in the past, depending on the teacher they teach us a different way of citation. For now, I think I will just use the MLA pattern since that is what most schools use. I was really curious about why people use different patterns and if there will not be any problems if everyone uses different types of citations. It was interesting to know the reasons why people use certain patterns and that most schools use MLA. I have decided to just stick to the MLA and use it every time I need to write my references unless the teacher has a specific way they want me to write a reference. It would be great if I could remember how to write it but I think that will be something I will remember by writing it several times. It is pretty inconvenient having to search up how to write the references every time and then look for all the information on the website. However, if I remember it or have a proper example somewhere I can access quickly it would be so much easier. Also, by knowing the format of a citation, I can be looking for the information while accessing it and won't have to look for all the information at the end which would be a load.
Comments
Post a Comment