Presentation Day 1 (Feb. 25th)
Today was the day of our presentation and I was not mentally ready but I think I was able to do what I could. Overall Sayo and I was able to use all the knowledge and presentation skills we had. It was our first time presenting in front of an audience without one of our team members so we were quite nervous but I think we had a smooth transition and everything worked fine. The team that went before me was constantly walking back and forth in front of the screen which made me a little dizzy watching them. So when it was my turn, I made sure to not walk too much and have more meaning to when I walk during the presentation. I decided to map the room by standing on one side of the classroom when talking about the current problems and the reality of our classrooms. Then, when I would give information on ways to improve this and solution ideas, I stood on the other side of the screen. I think that this was more efficient than meaninglessly walking around the classroom.
We had rehearsed quite a few times and made sure we did not forget any of the advice that we were given throughout the year. Sayo and I thought about what kind of clothing to wear, how to use our body, where our eyes should be looking, eye contact and so many more aspects. My body language was a lot better than last time but thinking back on it now, I think that my eye contact was not the best. I definitely think that I could have done a better job at looking at each and every audience in the classroom. Watching the video, my eyes kind of show that I am nervous and not confident enough. I am really depressed and shocked that this happened and I could not present with enough self-confidence. Our slides were better in general and one of the biggest changes I made was the references. Writing the brochure and our individual essays truly helped me dig deeper into the topic from a professional point of view and collect more reliable information. Throughout the essay, I was able to refer to different researches or experiments done regarding this topic which made my presentation a lot more powerful and trustworthy.
Team 2:
nice hand gestures, really using the slides to explain
moving chairs desks, "look at the floor", engaging with the audience
included facts that are really shocking that really relate to the topic, support the topic
research, lots of references, comparison with reality and research results
really nicely made slides, minimum information that complement what the presenter is saying
humorous
We had rehearsed quite a few times and made sure we did not forget any of the advice that we were given throughout the year. Sayo and I thought about what kind of clothing to wear, how to use our body, where our eyes should be looking, eye contact and so many more aspects. My body language was a lot better than last time but thinking back on it now, I think that my eye contact was not the best. I definitely think that I could have done a better job at looking at each and every audience in the classroom. Watching the video, my eyes kind of show that I am nervous and not confident enough. I am really depressed and shocked that this happened and I could not present with enough self-confidence. Our slides were better in general and one of the biggest changes I made was the references. Writing the brochure and our individual essays truly helped me dig deeper into the topic from a professional point of view and collect more reliable information. Throughout the essay, I was able to refer to different researches or experiments done regarding this topic which made my presentation a lot more powerful and trustworthy.
Team 2:
nice hand gestures, really using the slides to explain
moving chairs desks, "look at the floor", engaging with the audience
included facts that are really shocking that really relate to the topic, support the topic
research, lots of references, comparison with reality and research results
really nicely made slides, minimum information that complement what the presenter is saying
humorous
Comments
Post a Comment