One Of Us Is Lying (PART 2 Ch.10-11)

This book is in 3 parts and Part 2 starts from Chapter 10. I've shortened the length of the summary thinking you wouldn't want to know every single detail of every chapter since it is quite a long book.

PART TWO (HIDE AND SEEK)
Summary
Chapter 10
Bronwyn
She has a meeting with her lawyer before school.
Addy is just as confused as her parents about why Nate has shown up at their houses three times even though they are not really "friends" yet.
She can't stop but look for Nate at school, and they talk in an empty hallway.
Her lawyer had told her not to talk with any of the other 3 students since that would look suspicious making matters worse. Bronwyn couldn't stop herself from talking to Nate, and so she did. She explained to him how she is not allowed to talk to him, so instead Nate gives Bronwyn a phone she can keep, to continue talking with him without being found.
Cooper
At school, Jack and Addy are completely ignoring each other. Jack even punches TJ in his face and injures him really badly. Cooper who had read the unpublished article figure out what was happening and stopped Jack. After school, Cooper had a meeting with his coach who offered trying out for scholarships at top universities since Cooper was an incredibly talented sports player. He was beyond excited and thankful for all the opportunities, but he was scared if those universities would still accept him whilst all this chaos and attention he has and even being accused of killing someone.
As he is on his way home for his meeting with his lawyer, he gets a text from his mom being told that his grandma had a heart attack.

Chapter 11
Nate
Nate finally decided to stop selling drugs.
He calls Bronwyn at night and they talk about Simon's death. They both confess the rumor was true but promised they did not pour peanut oil into Simon's cup. Bronwyn surprisingly believes that Nate did not commit the crime and he is so confused to why he could gain trust from someone he had not talked to for 6 years.
Addy
Addy and Jack's relationship keeps getting worse, but her sister somehow convinces Addy to keep going to school. She is technically being bullied at school and cried in the school bathroom for hours and decides to head home when she meets TJ on her way out. TJ is unbelievably nice to Addy and apologizes for everything that's happening to her and it almost makes Addy smile, since he was the first person who actually talked to her accepting her existence.

Thoughts
The major thing I felt was how powerful love can be. Notwithstanding how cliche it sounds, this book has made me realize how true it is. Nate had been selling drugs for years since its his only way he knows how to make money. However, falling in love with someone making him a better person had stopped that and now opts for better choices learning from his past!

I find this book really interesting because usually, books are written from a third-person POV or at least the same person narrates the whole story. However, since this book has multiple narrators, the story moves at a surprisingly fast pace and is constantly full of events. It is almost like taking the most eventful parts of four separate lives and as a reader, there is not a single moment to rest or relax. I do enjoy this style of writing because the readers get an understanding of the relationship between the different narrators and also what is happening to each one of them.

I think I have come halfway through the book and since there is constantly something happening in one of the four lives I am reading about, it is really convenient to have these blogs. It not only makes me read more carefully so I can later write about it in a blog but also is helpful when I want to remind myself about what happened earlier on in the book. When I first heard that we had to write our thoughts on each chapter, I did not think I would be able to write much because I tend to hold down my feelings when reading a book but I've realized I feel many emotions in each chapter and writing them down makes me feel better as well.

Comments

Popular Posts