Anonymous Viewers (Jul. 14th)
In today's class, we had another free class to work on our presentations. I was done with my presentations so I was practicing my slides in my head during class. This way it was easier for me to imagine what elements were needed in my slides and what was not. I was able to minimize the text on the slides after speaking with the slides because it helped me realize that the text was not supporting what I was speaking. On the other hand, most of my slides had absolutely no text so I added one keyword in two of my slides because it felt like it lacked information. It seems like many of my classmates usually make a script to write down what they are going to speak, but I had never done that so I was not 100% clear how I was going to phrase things. I had plenty of notes jotted down and an overview of what I was going to say, in my head, but actually speaking it helped me realize ways to improve my slides so they complement and support what I say.
During class, while I was working on my presentations, I could see there were three different people looking at my slides. My friend and I were laughing because we could literally see these anonymous people go through my slide one by one and reading it. I find Google Slides very very useful and efficient because we can easily share a document and work on the same presentation at different times. Moreover, the other day, my team and I were calling and working on the same Google Slides (for another class's presentation), from home and I really perceived the convenience of it. However, I often see people reading my book review on Google Docs and looking through my slides which makes me severely curious about who is opening my documents. I understand that these documents are made visible for anyone in the class but being addressed that people are looking at my slides made me a little uncomfortable and worrisome. However, thinking about it, its great people are looking at my slides and I need to earn the confidence level where I do not get disturbed with people looking at my work!! I read my classmates' blogs from time to time, and have read my team members' book review but writing this blog has made me motivated to refer to other people's slides and absorb new ideas from them, since it is shared for us to see!
During class, while I was working on my presentations, I could see there were three different people looking at my slides. My friend and I were laughing because we could literally see these anonymous people go through my slide one by one and reading it. I find Google Slides very very useful and efficient because we can easily share a document and work on the same presentation at different times. Moreover, the other day, my team and I were calling and working on the same Google Slides (for another class's presentation), from home and I really perceived the convenience of it. However, I often see people reading my book review on Google Docs and looking through my slides which makes me severely curious about who is opening my documents. I understand that these documents are made visible for anyone in the class but being addressed that people are looking at my slides made me a little uncomfortable and worrisome. However, thinking about it, its great people are looking at my slides and I need to earn the confidence level where I do not get disturbed with people looking at my work!! I read my classmates' blogs from time to time, and have read my team members' book review but writing this blog has made me motivated to refer to other people's slides and absorb new ideas from them, since it is shared for us to see!
Yes, yes, yes - now you're getting it. All writing and creative work is meant to be shared - "writing for we not me"! So if people are looking at what you are sharing and telling others to look this is a good sign that they like what they see. :)
ReplyDelete