Creating a Team Website (Sep. 17th)

In today's class, we did something a little different and new! We were told to create websites for our team and it had been so long since the last time we created one, so I am still struggling to recall all the tricks on Google Sites. Both my team members were very hard working and productive, so we were able to decide on quite a few things before class ended and decided on who will do what. I looked back on my previous website and remembered that there were many things to keep in mind when creating a website. For example, unifying the color of our t-shirts in our 'about us' pictures. My team and I will be taking both individual and group pictures tomorrow. I came up with the team name "Novel Narwhals" and one of my team members is working on creating a logo. We decided on this team name because we are a group of students reviewing books (novels) and will promise to deliver/provide a novel website for all viewers! After settling on using the adjective, "novel", we wanted to use alliteration and in order to do so, we chose an animal that started with an N, and that is how our team name was made. 

Mr.Paterson mentioned for the students he will bring to present with him at a conference, can use this website as a source of extra information at the end of the presentation. We did something similar last year as well, and it was exciting to do this activity again. In many classes, teachers speed through a variety of subjects/topics in one term. In some cases, I think this a fabulous way of teaching. However, taking Mr.Paterson's course made me realize, the ideology of taking abundant time on one single topic and continuously adding on to it can originate great results and initiate immense growth in students. Since we were given copious time to work on our book review terms, and then transfer that into a formal book review and, finally, develop it into a presentation, I was able to give it my all. I put a lot of time and effort into this project and made sure I did not give up to one extent and went as far as I could possibly go. This process of creating a website to compensate for every detail we ahold will most definitely officially make this an immaculate presentation. 

I am excited to work on my website and create a platform where all my work for the past few months can be condensed on one page. I want to make sure, if there is by any chance, an incoherent point in my presentation, people can clarify using my website link on the last slide of my presentation. From next week, for the time being, I will improve my presentation non-stop and bring it up to a level of quality that I am actually satisfied with. 

notes:

what to include in the website: 

  • about reader makes you credible as a book review
  • about the author(photo and background information, details)
  • book review text
  • slide show presentation
  • links page (to amazon)
  • if there is a movie (trailer link)
  • book review video(background music)
    -narration voice-over, animation, text, quality of speaking, tone of voice, quality of information and  the way it is organized, gestures, facial expressions, 

Comments

Popular Posts