Presentation Day 2 (Sep.10)
Today was day two of presentations and so many people got to go, so it was a very entertaining and interesting class. The first two presenters today, were both in my group when we practiced our presentations last week. Our group last week was very productive and informative because we gave each other every single possible all of us could ever come up with and really used all the knowledge we had. All the advice or comments I gave to my group members had been fixed and both the slides and the speech had been revamped. As an audience, it looked as if the two of them had ample confidence and had practiced copious times. For that reason, even if it was my second time listening, I found their presentations incredibly intriguing and entertaining.
Each and every presentation was very unique and different. I sought value in their distinctions, and my prediction is that this originates from the difference in their personalities. It seemed as if the presentation itself portrayed a few personal traits of the speaker. For example, one of the speakers had a very mature and precise critique which is a characteristic this speaker holds. Another speaker, one of my close friends is very friendly and passionate, so seeing her passionately speak about this book she enjoyed reading was very convincing. My point being, in today's class, I was able to not just enjoy their presentations but also precisely analyze which areas I enjoyed and why. For me personally, this was a huge realization that I am glad I was able to make, and I believe that if I successfully utilize these analyses I could augment the content. After today's class, I realized that I need to become more assiduous in the explanation of my plot. For how much I rant about my love for this book, I lack a detailed explanation of the adventurous and entertaining plot. Moreover, I was reminded of the importance of one simple and significant factor. My attitude. One of the speakers had such a bright and positive voice, and I was amused by her attitude. Although she did tremble upon words quite a few times, her passion and comportment she had towards this task were exceptional. After practicing the same 7-minute speech for over 2 months, my excitement had probably unconsciously descended. I'm afraid to admit that I could've definitely presented with a more positive mindset, which would affect the outcome. Notwithstanding the few disappointing realizations I had towards my self, this means there is much more space for improvement!!
notes
Hirofumi - mask, mature critique, very honest and strong negatives did not over exaggerate, the theme of the presentation was clear and the repetition was great, strong recommendations
Sara- elaborated on the plot and truly made me want to read, could tell she really enjoyed it. PASSION.
Akari- bright voice, dove deep into the author and her attachments, hand gestures are visual, the book was deeply influenced and biased so extra description on that was helpful, she did tremble upon words but was very passionate.
Tomoka- minimal text on the slide but very few images and only clip arts, good repetition but a little boring, speech was great though
Kokoro- straight forward message
Yuna- Sherlock Holmes
Comments
Post a Comment