A Blue and White Santa (Dec. 17th)

This is one of the first blogs I've written in a while because we were all doing our own work while Mr.Paterson gave advice to each student, for the past few weeks. Being explained how largely blogs will influence the general grade gave me a severe jolt, but it surprisingly feels good to be writing a blog.

Towards the beginning of class, Rab talked about what we were going to do for the third semester. Without a doubt, this long, time-consuming, and extensive process was interesting and much was to be learned. There were so many skills attained in this project that was congested with various media platforms. Notwithstanding all the truly meaningful and enjoyable times, I was so surprised and beyond excited to hear we will be now reading for pleasure. Many people in my vicinity LOVE to read and for many, reading is one of their hobbies. I genuinely do like reading novels but am not able to make abundant time out of my day for reading. There are innumerable novels on my book list so I am excited to tick one of those off next semester in class. 

In previous zoom calls and conferences with Rab, I've been informed that the book review is not what we had initially planned on doing. He had told us we were supposed to learn about fake news, also closely tied to the presidential elections. Today in class, Rab had detailedly explained to us what exactly he was planning to do and it sounded so entertaining. Out of the many things Rab talked about, there were multiple facts and knowledge I was not aware of and was able to recognize my misunderstandings. That would mean our lifestyles and environment is permeated by fake news, more or so, stereotypes and beliefs that do not have any evidence. Never would I have ever imagined CocaCola was the creator of a 'red and white Santa'. When I was informed so, in my mind, the extreme power of marketing prevailed over the fact itself. Just like this example, I am sure that there are copious more stereotypes or thoughts that originated and are generated due to advertising. Not necessarily saying that this is bad, today was a class where I realized critical thinking really is crucial, now more than ever. So it really makes sense that the aimed learning skills for the 21st-century presented by the World Economic Forum include critical thinking. Along with the realization of why exactly crucial thinking is important, I was absolutely blown away by the plethora of facts, stories, and pieces of knowledge delivered by Rab only due to overhearing students' conversations about Christmas. Totally speechless. For me to deliver a somewhat decent and fruitful presentation, much work is needed and facts like those are not stored in my head. 

Regarding the book review project, there are undoubtedly areas of amelioration and factors I need to be more precise about. For me personally, the website had me the most motivated and stoked. I am looking forward to hearing how we can improve our website and then contemplate it with my team. However, my blogs and possibly the trailer. There are so many skills, that I still do not own, starting off with critical skills and creativity. Throughout this course, they have both extremely grown and developed but always keeping in mind what we have learned and applying that to other situations is where learning really takes place. Of course, semester three sounds like an enjoyable semester but I am excited and have high expectations for myself to really showcase and ---- the learning that took place this semester. 

At the moment, I am thinking about reading a novel called 'The Hate you Give'! 


notes:

-one blog per week

-2 page document, comparing and contrasting what it was like to read in an academic way to pleasure reading

-does not need any sources. it can have a source. 

read by January. 

reading literature for pleasure!! 

xmas

examine things with a critical mind

reality

different reasons to what people may believe. 

japan centric things

song at the supermarket, Scottish tradition 

Comments

Popular Posts