Video Watching (Jan. 28th)

    Today's class differed from our usual courses which consist of working hard on personal projects alongside our team members. A change was refreshing. Out of the many videos we watched, I was most astonished by the video of a man hiking the El Camino Del Rey. I have an inherent dislike towards any atrocious films especially horror movies. However, this video topped the charts and was a different level of anxiousness. Watching that long video literally gave me goosebumps and I could never imagine walking on such unstable and flimsy surfaces. My friend and I were at the brim of spilling our hearts out. 

    Throughout the class we were shown a plethora of videos, some showcased people’s terrific talents, others exhibiting their daring challenges just like El Camino Del Rey. I truly admire all these people because I never had a passionate hobby or talent to possess. These videos inspired me to find something I thoroughly enjoy doing and something that will make life more motivational and uplifting(not that it is terrible). I found it so inspirational to have something to look forward to, to the extent that people want to showcase it to others. Also, after taking this class I finally comprehended the power of videos and sending a message utilizing video documentation. When putting together my book trailer, there were profuse elements that needed to be thought out to be able to accurately and sentimentally convey my message. It ought to be hard to make full use of all those aspects of a video, but when you are able to, the communication must be just another level. 

I would not have been able to think from these aspects until taking Rab's class. Prior to taking his classes, I would have just simply enjoyed the video and just watch it. Thoughtlessly. Now that I have been introduced innumerable tools to make a video, my thought always runs to the technical side of a video. In our other English class, we are currently learning about mise-en-scene, and am now I doubt I can watch a movie without analyzing the copious choices and decisions the producer made. Notwithstanding all the elements that have been compelled into my brain, I find Rab's critical and logical thinking superior. His interpretations of whatever reaches his eye are always from manifold perspectives. regarding the video of El Camino Del Ray I was entirely pulled into the world of fear and could not watch the video critically nor focus on the angles, effects, lighting and etc. Compared to myself, Rab had thought about what music may be effective alongside the video, what may help in portraying the experience more nervously, etc. In the end, Rab introduced a few functional tools, and I was astonished by how wide of a variety there is of free media that does not require citations. The world of creativity is a lot wider, full of possibilities, and much less limited than I had anticipated! 

Comments

Popular Posts