The World Systems Theory (Oct. 12th )
Apparently, Mr.Paterson had originally planned to watch a video in class, but there were some technical difficulties occurring so we had a change of plans, and Mr.Paterson gave a lecture on the world-systems theory. I was absolutely fascinated by Mr.Paterson's flexibility and capability to respond to whatever unprecedented difficulties happening in class, because I always have to devote hours to prepare a single hour-long presentation. Nonetheless, the detailed and passionate explanation on the World Systems Theory was intriguing and probably stimulated many. The World Systems theory focuses on looking at how the world has adapted over a long course of time, alongside identifying the benefits that a small fraction of the world obtains, and contrarily, the exploitation happening in poorer countries (perifery countries). At first, I was startled by the number 400, because I had predicted a few decades, at most. Since a century already seems to be bundant time to inspect and reflect. Notwithstanding, when Mr.Paterson elucidated on the changes that have taken place in the past few centuries, starting from before the war, I comprehended the importance of looking at a longer time span. I do not have any plans to study international relations in university, but knowing there are plentiful theories out in the world, and the majority of them not adequately explaining contemporary society is information we can all benefit from. Although this may not become my profession, I want to hear for myself on how professors perceive international relations, and what view they propose. If there is manipulation in school books and even university professors' lectures, that is truly devastating and noxious.
Notes:
various views on international relations. such as realism, liberalism, even a feminist view. i wonder how professors perceive international relations. Emanuel Wallerstein developed this theory to explain how international relations work.
Shiroi Koibito
snow brand milk
meat hope co.
Krondratier waves 70 years or more. they are concerned with the change in technology. AI, Biotech, Nanotech. they all started within the last 30 years
within reason, most of these "ages" of energy sources are in 70 years of duration.
core (the new inventions go here first) after it gets so established, and so old, the middle countries start to get it. and then finally the poor people. more widespread and then finally the poorest get it. technology being passed down, by the time it reaches the end, it is not cutting edge.
http://www.shippai.org/fkd/en/cfen/CA1000622.html
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2007/08/19/editorials/another-confectionary-food-scandal/
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/31/world/asia/31iht-31japan.8123604.html
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2007/07/18/business/meat-hope-co-files-for-bankruptcy/
Comments
Post a Comment